Have your say in Takapuna
16 April 2018
This engagement is now completed.
Takapuna is getting a new town square and we want your opinion on its shape, location and size. We’ll be hosting pop-up discussions around Takapuna from April until June.
- Takapuna Beach Reserve Playground | Sat 21 Apr | 10am-2pm
- Takapuna Library | Thu 26 Apr & Thu 24 May | 11am-1pm
- Takapuna Sunday Market | Sun 29 Apr, 20, 27 May & 10 June | 8am-12pm
- Takapuna Beach boat ramp carpark | Sat 5 May | 10am-12pm
- Hurstmere Green | Tue 8 May | 11am-1pm
- Westfield Shore City | Thu 17 May | 9am-8pm
Or drop in and see us on Wednesdays, 10am-2pm. We’ll be on level three of the Takapuna Service Centre, 1 The Strand, Takapuna.
After June we’ll compile your feedback in to several options for the town square. We’ll be back later this year to show you the options and ask which one you prefer.
These sessions will be hosted by Panuku Development Auckland and the Devonport-Takapuna Local Board.
Here’s what’s happening in Takapuna:
Until June 2018: We’re seeking feedback from the community on the shape, location and size of a town square on 40 Anzac St.
Late 2018: Location options for the town square will be discussed with the community.
Late 2019: Detailed design of the town square and other public spaces begins.
Mid 2020: The Gasometer carpark opens. The Anzac Street site closes and construction begins on the development and town square.
2021: A new town square opens on Anzac Street.
2023: New developments open on the rest of Anzac Street and adjoining Hurstmere Road properties.