Panuku releases its annual report
27 November 2020
Today Panuku Development Auckland released its latest annual report. The report covers our performance for the period 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020.
Auckland is facing rapid growth. Quality development is required to accommodate this growth, and to ensure people love and can afford to live in Tāmaki Makaurau.
Panuku's acting Chief Executive David Rankin says:
“Despite challenges, we’re proud to have made good progress this financial year. COVID-19 has shown us that neighbourhood resilience is more important than ever. As Auckland’s urban regeneration specialists, we’re now even more determined to shape spaces that Aucklander’s not only love, but that also make us stronger and more resilient in times of crisis.”
- On the waterfront we're preparing for the 36th America’s Cup, including planning for the future of the site once the event is over
- We've made good progress on waterfront projects including the restoration of the heritage Percy Vos Boat Shed, the new laneway Tiramarama Way and a marine village and promenade at Westhaven
- In Manukau, we are working with the New Zealand Housing Foundation and Te Ākitai Waiohua to build a new neighbourhood of up to 300 homes on Kōtuitui Street
- The new MIT Park within Manukau has just completed construction and initiated the hand-over phase
- We have started work on our new neighbourhood, Pukekohe
- We made good progress in Northcote to consolidate our holding in the town centre, so we can redevelop it as a whole
- In Takapuna, we took a significant step to building a new town square and construction is well underway for the new car park on Huron Street
- In Avondale we are progressing plans for a new community facility and town square
- We are welcoming Laidlaw College to Henderson, which is a great result for the town centre
- In Panmure we’ve purchased two key sites which will contribute to the wider revitalisation of the neighbourhood
- We’ve been focusing on developing a masterplan for Onehunga Wharf
- Within our property portfolio we have purchased 10 properties for parks and 21 properties for urban regeneration.