Avondale library and community hub
17 November 2021
Since the Avondale Library and Community Hub concept plans were approved by the Whau Local Board in June 2021,
Eke Panuku and council have been working together to identify how to optimise the connection between the building and the surrounding outdoor spaces.
This aerial shot shows:
- Current Avondale Town Square, 1959-1969 Great North Road (highlighted in yellow/orange)
- Row of shops recently purchased by Council, 1971-1987 Great North Road (highlighted in blue)
- Proposed area for reserve revocation at Avondale Central Reserve (highlighted in red) to enable the development of the new Avondale library and community hub
- Proposed Avondale library and community hub building (highlighted in pink)
What does this all mean?
- Auckland Council are proposing to change the status of an area of Avondale Central Reserve affected by the new Avondale library and community hub.
- This means it will be held under the LGA rather than the Reserves Act 1977 and will remain in council ownership.
- There will be no change in public access to the land.
- There is no intention to sell the land.
- As part of this process, public notices have been placed in local newspapers and via the council website online. Anyone can lodge an objection by 16 December 2021. https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/have-your-say/public-notices/Pages/proposed-reserve-revocation-part-195-955-great-north-road-avondale.aspx
- For more information on the report regarding the proposed revocation, visit https://infocouncil.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/Open/2021/10/WH_20211027_AGN_10596_AT.htm